Friday, December 13, 2013

Radiothons, Parades and Pageants, OH MY!

I've been keeping pretty busy this past week, which might not be the best thing to be the week before finals - but I'm staying on my feet! I've had the opportunity to be a part of some pretty amazing events the past couple days.

annika wooton, Miss Butler CountyWednesday, I traveled to Kansas City with Mai-Thy Ta (Miss Woodson County) to volunteer with Mix 93.3's MIX for KIDS Radiothon benefitting Children's Miracle Network. I don't believe they have posted their total from the two-day event yet, but from what I can tell from other posts and updates, we raised well over $177,000! That's incredible. All the money raised during the event is staying in Kansas City and going straight to children's hospitals here. A huge thank you to corporate as well as individual pledges and sponsors, it was a huge success.
annika wooton, Miss Butler County



Thursday (yesterday), I made the drive to Augusta, Kansas where I was part of the Augusta Christmas Parade with Alyssa Marsh, Miss Augusta. We braved the cold and got to ride in a fantastic red Corvette. We met Andy the Alpaca as well as Santa and his elves! It's always great to see our directors, Larry Strong and Juven Nava, too.
Tomorrow I'll be in Leavenworth to sing the National Anthem for the Miss Leavenworth pageant. Then it's godspeed through finals week!! Wish me luck!

annika wooton, Miss Butler County

- Annika Wooton
Miss Butler County 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment