Saturday, February 15, 2014

Photoshopping Real Women Into Cover Models


This is a follow up to my last post about photoshop as it is another perspective on the use of it in advertising. This video is only 2:40, and the experiment takes regular women and transforms them into "cover models" - what most girls look at magazines and dream to look like. 

Their reactions are the important part. They might not react how you would think.
You should watch the video, but if you don't, here are some lines from it that stood out to me and were noteworthy...

 "It's a never ending battle..."

                  "You look at yourself and you know you can never attain that ideal..."

"I did not expect it to look like that at all!"

"...there's not much left of who you really are."

"This is how I've always wanted to see myself...I'm questioning why I ever wanted to look like that."

"...it's natural to be critical of yourself, its natural to be uncomfortable or awkward. but you just have to know that the ideal just...doesn't exist."



- Annika Wooton
Miss Butler County 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment